Pound vs. Appalachia - I think that Appy is just in the wrong place. It is back in a "corner" that has no reason to have a highway running by it. I can see how the people love their town and I would expect no less. Now Pound could really be a "big" place here. I mean if they just could do something to get some nice businesses in there. They are right on the highway and if you had shopping and eating places there it would hurt Wise / Norton. I mean could you imagine the people from Kentucky that would just stop there instead of coming into wise / norton. Why hasn't Pound developed like it could, I scratch my head sometimes. I guess the business doesn't see the population there to really locate there. and till a "big" retailer does it will be hard to attract anything else.





Bookmarks